When I started to eat Vegan one thing I missed a lot was Cheese, for me it is an important ingredient for most of my recipes, and my favorite one, Pasta. At first all my pasta was with tomato or vegetables and aromatic herbs, but digging on the internet I found how to make this Mac & Cheese with Vegan Cheddar Cheese which are amazing, and the flavor is like real cheese!
The recipe is divided into three parts, first of all the macaroni, you can use your favourite ones, I use ones that are thicker and a little bit rounded; secondly the Cheddar Cheese that will give the flavor and texture of the real mac and cheese and third and optional the parmesan which we will use to spread over and get them into the oven to grill and get the lovely golden color. In this recipe I used my «Almond Parmesan recipe». I hope you will like it and leave me comments below!
The Cheese you have to prepare is very very similar to Cheddar Cheese, with a yellow, golden tone and it is quite similar in flavor too, you can do it with nachos or whatever you will love to, I will upload a recipe in the Cheese section on the blog so you can check it out, «Vegan Cheddar Cheese».
These Macaroni brand la Molisana are great, I have discovered them recently, they are quite thick, so this pack goes for 4 people easily and the dish will be clean!
- 250gr Macaroni
- Three small potatoes
- One carrot
- 1 small spoon salt
- 1 Spoonful lemon juice
- ½ cup nutritional yeast (35 grams)
- ½ small spoon garlic powder
- ½ small spoon onion powder
- We put the macaroni into a cooking pot with water, oil and salt, we wait until they are cooked, look at your package instructions to see how long does it takes.
- Take out the macaroni and drain, put some olive oil and stir so do not stick.
- In a cooking pot, place the potatoes and the carrot diced for 20 minutes until they are cooked.
- Drain the vegetables and add the rest of ingredients except the macaroni and mix them with a blender so you get a smooth sauce similar to melted cheese.
- Once we have our "Cheddar Cheese" add the cheese with the macaroni, so everything is well mixed.
- Finally if you like, you can add on top some of the Parmesan Cheese I have talked before (it is on the blog)
- Put the Macaroni into the oven and Grill for 5 minutes until they are gold and crispy.
Deja una respuesta
Lo siento, debes estar conectado para publicar un comentario.