Hi! Today I have made Vegan Patties, it is a “veganized” recipe made from my original patties I have always made when I ate meat, and these ones are so tasty and healthy and so easy to do.
The main ingredient is texturized soy, the truth is that I haven’t used it a lot, but it is always amazing when I cook with it, and I include it more often lately in all my recipes. I usually do burgers, pasta, or lasagna with the texturized soy.
You can find it in big supermarkets or specialized shops, I buy the smaller one, or the thinner, just because you can close better the patties and spread the filled better. You have to hydrate texturized soy before using it, you have to cover it with hot water and wait from 10 to 15 minutes until it is ready to use. Before mixing it with other ingredients you have to drain it; also for better flavor add some soy sauce.
Here you have the recipe, tell me what do you think, and if you do different fillings, so I can learn something new too, leave comments below!
- 100gr Texturized soy
- 1 patties dough (16units)
- 1 green pepper
- ½ red pepper (if it is big)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup green olives
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce
- olive oil
- fresh coriander (herbs of your choice)
- First put in a bowl the texturized soy with hot water, and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes while you prepare the rest of ingredients.
- Cut the garlic clove, Chop the onion and the peppers in small pieces so you can mix them well.
- Add the 5 tablespoons of soy sauce to the texturized soy, and stir, leave it while you keep cooking the veggies.
- Take out of the fridge the patties dough, so it stays at ambient temperature.
- Add all the ingredients to a big pan, add olive oil, first add the garlic to the pan when it starts to fry then add the onion and the peppers. keep stirring until all the veggies are cooked.
- Add fresh coriander or any herbs that you would like.
- Once the veggies are cooked, drain the texturized soy and add it to the veggies in the pan and stir, leave it to medium heat.
- Take out the filling, add the olives and leave it until it cools down.
- Take each patty and fill them up. Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Put all the patties over the baking paper.
- In a small bowl, put two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of water and emulsify, put the emulsion over the patties so they don´t get so dry into the oven.
- Put the oven tray medium high, 200ºC for 20 minutes, heat up and down but no air, take a look from time to time so they get baked and a lovely golden color.