Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
French toasts are quite similar to our spanish torrijas and preparing them does not take much longer and the final result is spectacular. The recipe is not different from others through internet, it just varies some ingredients. This French Toasts are a good example of how not to use eggs or dairies, it is easy and cheap and always tasty.
- 4 bread slices (thik ones)
- 200ml Soy Milk
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 Spoon of Corn Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 3 Spoons of oil (to fry the toasts)
- Pour the Soy Milk in a deep or receiving plate where the toasts are possible to submerge them in the mixture that we are going to prepare.
- Add the two spoonfuls of Maple Syrup and the three spoonfuls of flour and mix, stir untill everything is well mixed.
- Add the Cinnamon and stir well.
- Once everything is well mixed, add the toasts, get them well covered with the mixture of both sides, one by one until all the bread is soaked with the mixture.
- Put the bread with flour, both sides so qhen you fry it you will get this golden and crispy toasts.
- Put the oil into the pan and fry the toasts until they are fried from both sides
- You can use some kitchen paper to remove the excess oil from the toasts.
- You can add some fruit and maple syrup to give the toasts a better and special flavour each time you cook them.